The Yuma District Hospital Home Health Care Department is a Medicare, Medicaid Certified and Licensed Home Care Agency. We provide Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, Social Work, and Certified Nursing Assistant Care.
Yuma District Hospital Home Health Care services a 60 mile radius from Yuma without crossing state boundaries into Kansas and Nebraska. Included in this area are the towns of Yuma, Wray, Eckley, Hale, Idalia, Joes, Kirk, Larid, Akron, Otis, and Vernon.
- Medication set up and reminders
- Protective Oversight
- Skilled Assessment – A skilled assessment takes the knowledge of a trained nurse to recognize abnormal body system changes this would include but is not limited to listening to lung, heart and abdominal sounds and reporting concerns to your physician.
- Wound Care – This includes monitoring wound appearance and healing and reporting to your physician. Dressing changes, applying and changing wound vacs.
- Infusion Services – This includes monitoring Intravenous Sites, Dressing changes of PICC line, Groshong and all other central venous catheters. Administration of, teaching and protective oversight of Intravenous medications: Antibiotics, Steroids, Diuretics, Total Perental Nutrition, and Lipids.
- Diabetic Teaching – Includes teaching new diabetics about diabetes, how to use glucometers, insulin administration, self management of this chronic illness, diet, and exercise.
- Chronic Disease Teaching and Management – Registered Nurse educates patients on the disease process and self management of their disease process.
- FREE Blood Pressure Clinic is held the first Friday of every month at the Bank of Colorado in Yuma from 8:30 AM to 10:30PM.
- In home toenail trims by an RN by appointment for a nominal fee.
- Long Term Care Assessments by an RN for long term care insurance, (As requested by insurance company).
- Medical Social Worker
- Counseling on Chronic Disease Issues
- Family and Caregiver Support
- Community Services Connections
Speech-Language Pathologist: Works with speech and /or swallowing deficits following CVA’s and other catastrophic events
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Bathing – Includes assistance with bath, showering, or full bed bath depending on patient's needs.
- Dressing - Includes assistance with dressing and prosthetic devices.
- Skin Care – Application of over the counter skin care products, observation of skin issues that are reported to the Registered Nurse.
- Other – Provides personal care for those patients that need assistance with ambulation, transferring, or other issues that require the skill of a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Non-skilled Nursing Assistant and Housekeeping Service
Provides supervision and protective oversight for patients including but not limited to:
- Meal Preparation
- Medication reminders
- Grocery Shopping